Lauren LeVieux with a background in writing, literature, and languages turned to visual arts in 2006. Since then, she has pushed canvas, color and line to express perceptions beyond the limitations of word-based language. Currently Lauren is an active member of the Liberty Station art community in Point Loma, California. She opens a new exhibit of her work on the first Friday of each month corresponding to the First Friday Liberty event at Liberty Station, Point Loma. Lauren is also a member of the San Dieguito Art Guild in Encinitas where she exhibited from 2012-2014. From 2006 through 2012, she studied fine art at Mira Costa College where she exhibited her work in several art exhibits earning first place in drawing and first place in painting.
Lauren received her Bachelor of Arts in French Literature from the University of California, San Diego. She worked for many years as a programmer and as a computational linguist, combining her language and computer skills before she decided to earn her Master of Arts in Writing and Literature from California State University of San Marcos in 2000.
Lauren has traveled extensively in Europe and is fluent in the French language, competent in German and familiar with Spanish and Persian. Art now offers Lauren a mode of communication that continues to excite and challenge her.
- Master of Arts in Writing and Literature, California State University, San Marcos, 2000
- Bachelor of Arts in French Literature, University of California, San Diego, 1981
- High School Study, Cours St. Exupery, Antibes, France, 1973-1976
Selected Art Exhibitions and Awards
- 2015 “Scratch That” Exhibit, Liberty Station, Point Loma CA
- 2014 “Small Images and More Show” Exhibit, Off Track Gallery, Encinitas, CA
- Peace on Earth Best of Show
- 2013 Jazzercise Corporate Office, Carlsbad, CA
- Lease of three 36"x36" oil paintings
- 2013 North Coast Calvary Chapel Art Exhibit, Carlsbad, California.
- 2013 "Monthly Show" Art Exhibit, Off Track Gallery, Encinitas, California.
- Nineteenfifteen Oil on Canvas, Best of Show
- 2012 "Small Images and More Show" Art Exhibit, Off Track Gallery, Encinitas California.
- Gold Ring, 1st Place, Mixed Media
- 2012 "Joe Brubaker: The Exquisite Garden", William D. Cannon Art Gallery, Carlsbad, California
- 2010 "Finding Fire" Art Exhibit. Mira Costa College, Kruglak Gallery
- 2010 "Picture This" Annual Student Art Exhibit. Mira Costa College, Kruglak Gallery.
- 1st place life drawing, 1st place painting.
- 2008 Annual Student Art Exhibit, Mira Costa College, Kruglak Gallery.
- 2007 Annual Student Art Exhibit, Mira Costa College, Kruglak Gallery.
- Visual Art, Writing and Literature 1996-present
- Artist exhibiting at Liberty Station, Point Loma 2012-present
- Artist exhibiting at Off Track Gallery, Encinitas, CA 2012-2014
- Oil Painting and Mixed Media
- Studio assistant to Children's Book Illustrator David Diaz, Carlsbad, CA 2008-2013
- Assisted in the production of art for children's books
- Visual Art Student at Mira Costa College, Oceanside, CA 20006-2010
- Study of Drawing, Oil Painting and Graphic Art
- Researcher for Novel "Saga, the Story of Eight American Women," 2001-2005
- Author "Wheat Fields of Wild Poppies", California State University, 1997-2000
- Memoir of woman who escaped communist Romania in the 1980's
- Published as Master's Thesis
- Writing Lab Instructor, California State University, San Marcos, CA 1996-2000
- Assisted students in the writing of analytical essays
- Studio Art: Drawing, Oil Painting, Charcoal, Mixed Media
- Writing: Creative writing
- Computer: Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign
- Languages: Fluent in French, Competent in German, Familiar with Spanish and Farsi